Scope and Consent
Collection of Information
Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or the support you request.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Minipos account and when you provide information as part of our identity or account verification process. We collect information about you, including:
Identification information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, birthdate, passport, driver’s license, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification number;
- Financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers;
- Other historical, contact, and demographic information.
We also collect information you upload to or send through our Services, including:
- Information about products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing and other data);
Some of the information we collect is collected to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws.
Information We Collect from Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make, accept, request or record payments or money transfers, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information. Through our applications, we collect information about the location of your device.
- Device Information. We collect specific information about your device when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes (but will not collect any content from such software).
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access time, browser type and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information when you use our Services, including sending cookies to your device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as:
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Displaying historical transaction or appointment information;
- Developing new products and Services; and
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information about you to improve, personalize and facilitate your use of our Services.. We also may use information about you to measure, customize, and enhance our Services, including the design, content, and functionality of our applications and websites, or to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services.
We may use information about you:
- To protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- To enforce the terms of our contract terms or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To verify your identity (e.g., some of the government-issued identification numbers we collect are used for this purpose);
- To investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
With our group companies and other affiliates, for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the payment or money transfer process;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment, appointment or money transfer using our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to enforce or comply with the terms of our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, (iii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- With your consent. We also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
You may access, change, or correct information about you by contacting a customer support services in any of our branches at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your Minipos account, you may do so by emailing us using the contact details provided at www.qazkom.kz or by contacting the customer support services. Kazkommertsbank JSC generally retains information about you only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services. However, even after you deactivate your Minipos account, we may retain archived copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
In order to provide certain mobile applications, we may require location information, so if you do not consent to collection of this information, then you cannot use our corresponding Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function.
When you access or use the Services, our web server may send a cookie to your device. Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive, which allows us to make sure we have enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our website or application.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.Some of the cookies used in the Services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Customer support service by UserEcho